Monday Mischief: Sniff & Grab

It’s Monday Mischief, friends! Have I been really good? Well, maybe not really good, but I’ve been good! So today I’m gonna let my furry sister, Nala, be in the Monday Mischief spotlight!

It’s no secret that doggies like bones. It’s no secret that I like bones. I don’t get the chance to chew on them often though, ’cause mommy doesn’t think they’re the best thing for me.

Nala used to love chewing on bones, but since her teeth are almost 14-years-old, and since she’s had a few pulled last year, she can’t even chew on a bone if she wanted to.

But that doesn’t stop her from trying…

It’s really quite amusing to watch Nala play with a bone. She gets all excited, and jumps around the room with it. She even mouths it like she’s gonna start chewing it, but even she knows that just isn’t gonna happen. I bet she used to be a big bone-chewer in her day.

Mommy always buys at least two of each thing for Nala and me — could you imagine if mommy came home with just one toy or bone for either Nala or me? That’d be AWKWARD! But just because mommy starts out with two bones, doesn’t mean there will always be two bones. Eventually, I’m gonna finish mine, and then there’ll be this other bone laying around, with no one chewing on it. So why let it be lonely..?

Monday Mischief: Sniff & Grab
This ALWAYS happens… I’ll be chewing on the remaining
bone, and THAT’S when Nala becomes interested in it.
She’s NEVER interested in her bone when it’s just
sitting there, NOT being chewed on. So she’ll come
by and pretend to grab the bone from me.

Monday Mischief: Sniff & Grab
Then she’ll come by again, but this time she’ll
sniff near the bone that’s right in front of me!
Sometimes she’ll actually touch it, and it’ll
move closer to her. This is an important move.

Monday Mischief: Sniff & Grab
Then comes the grab. If the bone moves toward her,
she’ll think I just gave it to her, and she’ll grab it
then bounce away happily like she’s holding a toy.
I immediately get up and follow her, ’cause I know
she’ll eventually drop it and walk away. :)

I say that’s just cause for me to share Nala today. Gotcha, Nala! <3

Ooh, before I forget... My mommy thanks all of you for such wonderful comments about her drawings -- she appreciates them all, so very much!!

Dogs in Cars… #8 to post on 5-3-12! Send in your Dogs in Cars photos! If you haven’t yet joined this series, or if you have new pics you’d like to share, send them in! If you already have my email, send away! If you need my email, contact me first!!

Pet Portraits… Mother’s Day is coming up! Thinking of memorializing your doggie, kitty, birdie, small critter, etc.? Why not have my mommy create a color drawing for your mommy? View samples & pricing information here!

1. Cathy Dullea says:

Very cure indeed! I have two very small kids and not planning to keep a pet for sometime.. I think the fear of losing them is very painful. I had a st. bernard which passed away after 13 years..Loved Nala.. she is really cute!

2. Khyra says:

I don’t have to worry most of the time!

BUT if my Golden Khousins Merdie and Harley khome ovFUR, I’ve got more than enough bones to share!

Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    Khyra recently posted..Tuesday TellingMy Profile

Keep trying, BOL

Nala, you just keep grabbing those bones and giving it your best. Our Nuka has only 8 teeth but man can see take down a lamb shank end if she is given the time!

5. Colby says:

Apache is the worst at this. His favorite toy is whichever toy Linus or Stetson is currently playing with. Linus and Stetson are pretty good at sharing. Although Stetson does believe that anything that resembles food should be his.
    Colby recently posted..Monday Mischief – March of DimesMy Profile

Geeeee Whiz… I thought that stuffs only happened on MY Hill… THANKS fur tellin me that I am not alone with this stuffs. I feel better now. Sharing is kinda hard, isn’t it?

7. Happens here too!
    Dachshund Nola
    Dachshund Nola recently posted..O.M…G?My Profile

Never give up hope Nala.

9. Brandi says:

haha…even Nala has a mischevious side ;) Sounds like you’re pretty good at sharing though Bailey…even if it is because you know she’ll eventually drop it! lol

Brandi
    Brandi recently posted..The Orb Factory Review & GiveawayMy Profile

10. Brian says:

Sharing is fundamental!
    Brian recently posted..Mancat MondayMy Profile

11. jet says:

Hey Bailey, Jet here.

Your description happens in our house almost exactly the same way! I think Nala definitely earned the mischief title today. BTW, you both look lovely in your pictures.
    jet recently posted..Mischief Monday – She Started It!My Profile

When I chew on my bone and get it all nice and wet and soft, Bandit always comes and steals it! He makes me do all the hard work! BOL!!

Higgins recently posted..Monday Mischief-FreeMy Profile

13. Glad you are willing to share both your bone and your Sister. Love the photos of both of you and missed you too while I was a camp.

Doggy Kisses,
    Tanner
    Tanner and Beth recently posted..Home Again!My Profile

Way to go, Nala, always keeping Bailey on her toes:) We would be the same way, whatever one of us has is what the other one always wants.

Bailey you are a good girl to help Nala out with her bones!
    Murphy recently posted..English As A Second LanguageMy Profile

16. Oh sweet Bailey, you sure love your Nala. I think it’s sweet the way you let Nala come back to get the bone and you just wait again for your next opening to get it back. You are such a sweet sister. My girls do almost the same thing. But they take turns as to who wolfs down the bone and then waits for the others. So silly!
    Sugar and Meeka’s Mom recently posted..Luncheon/Dessert TablescapeMy Profile

17. fern reed says:

I forgot to tell you how pretty Mom’s drawing is of Fred. I loved it. Mom is very talented!!!!
    All my dogs have loved their bones too. We buy real bones from the butcher.

Wow, looks like Nala is a lot of fun! Stealing yummers is a great game…especially if you’re allowed to get away with it. BOL. I like to play with my bones too. I jump around and pounce on them like they are trying to run away. Silly, but fun!

19. Nala, you naughty girl :)
    We have a similar bone-pincher in our house, Mum always gives us one each but ‘somehow’ Elliot always ends up with all 3 by sidling over and grabbing it.
    Dip only has 5 teeth but it doesn’t stop her enjoying things either!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x
    Dip Bridge & Elliot recently posted..I am a Test SubjectMy Profile

20. Hey Bailey,

Nala sure is a little Mischief Maker!! She wants the bone and she can’t even chew on it – she’s lucky she’s got you to do the chewing for her!! Tee Hee

When Cosmo comes to my house we have similar nonsense with MY bone, it’s not usually left on it’s own for very long…. :)

Have fun,

snoopy@snoopysdogblog recently posted..Monday Mischief – Does this happen to you?My Profile

We always want what’s not ours! Ha-ha! I love how Nala walks up and acts like she is going to take it and then comes back again!
    Jen recently posted..One Dollar Richer Than He WasMy Profile

Bailey who would have known that Nala was such a mischief maker! she’s quite a girl! LOL!
    Bassetmomma recently posted..Monday Mischief – The Big Surprise!My Profile

23. Milo is the same way!! He adores chewing bones… and Dixie adores stealing his bones and then growling every time Milo wants to get it back.

We must have 40 slightly chewed bones lying around the house now. -_-

Hope your Monday is great, Miss Bailey!

Shelle (Milo and Dixie approve of this message, they just won’t get out of bed to type it)

24. Happens in your house too? Whenever one of us has a bone, one of the other dawgs always wants that bone. Doesn’t matter how many bones there are either. :)
    2 brown dawgs recently posted..Monday Mischief–Chasing With Mom And SisMy Profile