The Sky is Falling & a New Refrigerator

Well not quite the sky, but close enough! Daddy is keeping very busy doing everything but building Nala and me our window seat.

Bad news first…

As mommy was mopping the floor last Thursday, she discovered a few small holes in the grout, and then she found a bigger hole. She was able to file down the smaller holes, and took a video while she did. She brought the videos over to the store where she bought the tiles, and they told her that they were going to hire an independent company to come look at the grout. Sooo today, an independent inspector man is going to come to our house today to see if he could tell what’s causing the problem. I guess The Big Thing turned into a really big thing. *Sigh*

In other news…

My mommy, JM, is being featured over at FiveSibes today! If you have a moment, please go over and check out Gibson’s drawing. <3

So about that sky…

The other day daddy covered up the couch invader with plastic. I was confused, ’cause the floor man wasn’t here. Then he moved it aside, and got a big ladder and started cutting long holes into the ceiling.

TheSkyIsFalling
Taylor said that daddy was adding some kind of lights up there.

I have no clue what he’s doing, I just know that Nala and I can’t be around when he’s working on it. And if I can’t be around, I don’t like it. Why do we need more lights? I can see just fine. I don’t like when daddy keeps me away when he’s working, and I especially don’t like it when he’s up in the attic working on stuff. All the banging noises up there make me a little crazy. I keep thinking that someone is out there trying to get in. No worries though — they wouldn’t stand a chance of that.

Is there no end to the renovations? *Sigh*

New refrigerator…

Yesterday a new refrigerator was delivered… now Nala and I can be closer to the good food again!

TheSkyIsFalling
This was our old refrigerator… it was just 7 years old.
But it’s died 3 times, and mommy & daddy are done fixing it.

TheSkyIsFalling
This is our new refrigerator. Daddy hasn’t pushed it back into
place yet, ’cause he has some work to do in the back.
And mommy has lots more magnets to put back up. :)

TheSkyIsFalling
These are the 2 men who brought in the new refrigerator.

TheSkyIsFalling
It was so big that they had to bring it around the back.

TheSkyIsFalling
They had to go all the way around the pool!

All the way around…

TheSkyIsFalling
And then up on the deck.

TheSkyIsFalling
Then they set it down in the kitchen,
and took all the plastic off.

TheSkyIsFalling
Nala was first to check out the inside.

TheSkyIsFalling
When she was done, I got a good sniff.

Then a few more.

TheSkyIsFalling
OOpsie. The clear dairy shelf cover was not attached
correctly when daddy took off the tape, so it fell to the
ground and cracked! No worries though. Mommy called the
store and they’re going to give her another one. Phew!

I still have so much catching up to do — I miss all of you and hope to be by soon! <3

Dogs in Cars… #9 to post 6-5-12! Send in your Dogs in Cars photos! If you haven’t yet joined this series, or if you have new pics you’d like to share, send them in! If you already have my email, send away! If you need my email, contact me first!!

Pet Portraits… Thinking of memorializing your doggie, kitty, birdie, small critter, etc.? Why not have my mommy create a color drawing for you? View samples & pricing information here!

1. Oh my gosh Bailey, I bet you are just exhausted with all the goings on. I almost cried when you talked about the grout. I can’t believe all the trouble you have all had. On a high note, what a beautiful new refrigerator! You know, it’s a good thing your dad is so talented and he can do so much in your home. We aren’t lucky to have that here. Hubby and I can’t do anything! We have to hire everything done, so frustrating. You and Nala have a great day.
    Sugar and Meeka’s Mom recently posted..Some Things That Make My Heart SmileMy Profile

I think there is no end to your floor grout! It must be so frustrating for your Momma! That is a niced news fridge though! Think of all the yumminess it will hold!
    Bassetmomma recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – A Cool MorningMy Profile

So many house projects! We are sure everything will be lovely when all is done, but we are not sure we could be as patient as long as you have been…especially with no couch!
    siku marie recently posted..May 15, 2012My Profile

why can’t people do a good job thefirst time!!! Nice fridge
    Snuggles

Wow, u can fit a lot of ice cream in the new fridge! :)
    Keisha recently posted..Mondae is here :) Hee heeMy Profile

6. FiveSibesMom says:

Wow…so many happenings! Glad to see you and Nala gave that new fridge a good inspection. Sorry the dairy shelf fell and broke. :-( Glad a new one will be there soon! And just think, there will be lots of yummy food in there soon!

PS – today’s blog is dedicated to our pawsome portrait your mom did of Gibson – hope you’ll pop by and check it out! We just love it!!!
    FiveSibesMom recently posted..Newsy Tuesday: That Beautiful Face! A Portrait of Love: Gibson by JM, the DrawingMomMy Profile

We have an idea! We think that the floor peeps should send you all to DisneyWorld for the week while they totally replace the whole floor!! LOVE that new fridge, but what alot of work to get it into place! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug
    bichonpawz recently posted..Tasty Tuesday: Dog Mom’s Bakery AdditionMy Profile

• bailey says:

Ahhh! They just replaced all of the grout… I don’t think I’d want to be away from my family for any amount of time! :(

8. Jodi says:

They don’t make things like they used to. Times were when your refrigerator would last you twenty years. The color would be hideous and then it would come back in style. :-)
    Jodi recently posted..Finding BalanceMy Profile

Hey Bailey!
    Wow, girl, you’ve got tons of things to supervise! I think the new coolerbox is a wonderful thing that will be filled with lots of yummers. Delish!

Noooooooooo! Not grout trouble!!!!!! But on the other side, nice fridge!

Your friends,

Murphy & Stanley
    Murphy recently posted..NicknamesMy Profile

LOVE that new Cold Box thingy!!! I am SOOOOOOO sorry that your Floor is STILL not right… Don’t Give up!!!!

And the floor saga contiues – it has really become a nightmare for your family. We say time to remove the whole floor and start over.

Love that new fridge, the magnets are going to show up so well with that cool background.

13. Hey nice to meet you Bailey! I came over from Madi’s place. You do look a bit busy at the moment, I must say! I wouldn’t move far from the lovely big fridge. if I were you!! Deccy x
    Declan Greyhound recently posted..What’s In a Name…..?My Profile

14. Cinnamon says:

Exciting news at your house….
    We like your new frig it has ice in the door how cool is that!
    Is your dad making sky lights upstairs?
    Cinnamon
    Cinnamon recently posted..Digging up bones.My Profile

15. Bert says:

Wow, that must have been a shock to see the little holes in the grout. My Vikcie just loves the new fridge. She likes the color adn all the cool things inside.
    and is glad no one got hurt moving it all around to get it in the kitchen. those things are heavy

Oh No! Not the floor again! That is just crazy.
    Goose recently posted..A Sticky SituationMy Profile

17. Hope the grout gets sorted….finally. I know how annoying it is when jobs aren’t done right. Love the look of your fridge, saves on the back bending for one thing!

So many exciting things happening!! Enjoy the new fridge and the treats in it!