Sooo, it was my mommy’s birthday this past Monday, and she’s been playing with one of the toys she got. I don’t like it much, ’cause I can’t play with it.
Before I tell you all about this new toy, I want to give a shout out to my friend, Tanner. He hasn’t been feeling well and I know he and his mommy would love it if you stopped by and gave him some well wishes. He’s feeling better today, though. Yay! <3
So... the toy mommy got is called, Instant Slide & Negative Scanner, and what it does, is let you scan all your slides and negatives into the little machine, and save the pictures to an SD card. Mommy was happy to receive it, ’cause she has lots of negatives without their printed photos. She said that using this toy will allow her to at least put the photos on her computer and print them out whenever she wants. She enjoyed looking at her long lost photos!
This is the ‘Instant Slide & Negative Scanner’ mommy got for her birthday.
Mommy says that overall, this toy does what it’s supposed to do. But… she also says the following good and not-so-good stuffz about it:
The Good Stuff:
- It’s small.
- It allows you to make a digital copy of a negative or slide. Great if you’ve lost the photo!
- It uses an SD card, so you can easily upload your photos to your computer, and even view them on a camera.
- You save a lot of money by not having to give in your negatives and/or slides to a photo developing company.
The Not-So-Good Good Stuff:
- It isn’t cheap.
- The slide and negative holders aren’t that easy to open and close.
- It’s much easier to place the slides in (4 at once).
- It’s meant to hold only two strips of negatives that are about 5 inches long x 1 3/8 inches wide. The problem with this is, the majority of mommy’s negatives are cut to 6 inches in length, so they overlap a little. Mommy also has a lot of really tiny negatives, and negatives cut from their strips. Placing them can be done, it just takes a little more time to make them stay inside. Besides the really tiny negatives and cut negatives, mommy found really big negatives (at least 3 inches x 2 inches), and these don’t fit at all.
- The quality isn’t great.
When mommy was looking at old photos, she came across negatives of a doggie she used to have named Ginger. She said Ginger passed away shortly before she got married, and that she lived a very long life. Mommy also said that Ginger was very smart, and listened really well… like Nala. Hey mommy!
But what I found so special about Ginger, was her best friend! Her name was Chevy, and she was a white birdie! Mommy says Chevy was a parakeet (or budgie), and that she was smart too!
Here are a few photos of Ginger and Chevy that mommy scanned with her new toy! Can you spot Chevy in each of the photos?
Nope! Chevy’s not in this photo.
There she is again!
I see her!
She’s not very good at hiding.
Peek-a-boo, I see you!
The pictures below weren’t scanned using the new toy — mommy had the photos, so she placed them on her scanner to get them into her computer.
Chevy was a cute little bird, but I don’t think
I would want her riding around on my back.
This is a picture of Ginger & Chevy taken
many years ago. Look at that rug!
Mommy had started a chalk drawing of Ginger and Chevy soon after Ginger passed away, but she never finished it. Maybe she couldn’t decide what color to make the background..?
This chalk drawing was done on a 24″ x 36″ paper.
Can you see Chevy outlined in pencil near the bottom?
Maybe one day mommy will finish this drawing, and she could add it to her drawing page.
Before I leave, I was wondering if you could tell me if you could see my Google Connect box on the right-hand side? It seems to have disappeared for me! Boooo.
Woofs & hugs,
P.S… If you’re a human who blogs about your furry, or a furry who blogs about your human… or even a furry who blogs about your life… I invite you to follow me via Google Friend Connect (see box in the right-hand column), and join me on Facebook. Please let me know you’ve visited — I love reading other blogs and making new friends. <3
Copyright Â© BaileyBeGood.com. All Rights Reserved.