Sleepy Sunday: During The Big Thing

Happy Sunday, friends! Today I’m sharing a photo that my mommy took the other day during the 6th installment of The Big Thing.

But first…

I hope you don’t mind me sharing another drawing my mommy did. Can you guess who he is?

Sleepy Sunday: During The Big Thing
It’s Fred, from Hound Girl. :)
<3 RIP, Fred. <3

My mommy doesn’t have any rhyme or reason to which furries she draws (unless she’s working on a commissioned drawing). She is currently building up her portfolio, and since I have the best looking furry friends, she’s been browsing around the bloggie neighborhood for photos. When a photograph catches her eye, that’s the one she chooses. Since I’ve been asked a couple of times… all of the drawings I post are 5″x7″ unless it says otherwise. If I post a drawing of your furry one, you can indeed purchase it. Please contact me. I will let my mommy know. You can find more information on this page. Thank you, friends! Woofs! :)

Have you seen this news story?

It’s about a mommy and daddy who called 9-1-1 for help, ’cause their Great Dane collapsed to the floor. It’s sad that their doggie didn’t make it, but this article got me thinking… what would my mommy and daddy do if I needed to be rushed to the doctor? Would they be able to lift and carry me out of the house, then into our car to take me to the doctor? Do any of your mommy’s and daddy’s ever worry about that?

Now for Sleepy Sunday: During the Big Thing…

Sleepy Sunday: The Big Thing
In this shot you can see my marvelous nail trim. ;)

The floor man is coming back next Wednesday to put in new grout. It won’t be soon enough. ;)

Dogs in Cars… #8 to post on 5-3-12! Send in your Dogs in Cars photos! If you haven’t yet joined this series, or if you have new pics you’d like to share, send them in! If you already have my email, send away! If you need my email, contact me first!!

Pet Portraits… Thinking of memorializing your doggie, kitty, birdie, small critter, etc.? Why not have my mommy create a color drawing for you? View samples & pricing information here.

1. Pup Fan says:

What a lovely drawing of Fred!

2. fern reed says:

When my Bambi died last June, I wanted a smaller dog for that very reason. I wanted a dog that I could pick up if I had too. That idea didn’t work out so well. Then Zoie came along and we couldn’t pick her up for anything. I pray that she stays well and out of trouble so we don’t have to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that this will not ALWAYS be the case.

3. Sasha says:

Bailey you look so snuggy buggy! We had a new floor in our kitchen last year and it was a living hell for me. I understand how you feel. The drawing of Fred is beautiful.

Loveys Sasha
    Sasha recently posted..Mommy says ThanksMy Profile

O hai! U are very brave to sleep through the Big Thing like that.
    Keisha recently posted..New photos :) My Profile

5. Kari says:

What a BEAUTIFUL drawing

Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    Kari recently posted..Book Review: No Dogs in Heaven?My Profile

6. Hey Bailey,

It sounds like there’s nothing better to do than just sleep it out!! Loving those nails buddy :)

snoopy@snoopysdogblog recently posted..Monday Mischief – Does this happen to you?My Profile

7. Another fantastic drawing by your Mum, brilliant!
    We don’t think they would have any problems chucking us in a bag and getting us to the vets, at least there’s one compensation for us being yappy :)
    Have a nice snooze.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x
    Dip Bridge & Elliot recently posted..Alphonso the IggyMy Profile

You got us thinking that it would be good to prepare
    Snuggles,

Oh, your Momma did such a good job on Kari’s Fred! I would have to have help in an emergency as both Fred and Gloria are to heavy for me. It’s nice to have a plan though. Have a sleepy Sunday!
    Bassetmomma recently posted..The 10 Commandments From A Pet’s Point Of ViewMy Profile

10. When I was hurt and bleeding REALLY bad and so weak that I could barely walk, my Mom did what Finn’s family did: put me on a towel/blanket and dragged it! But first she wrapped a big, wide, ACE Bandage around my belly, (quite tightly!), to hold my insides in while she got me to the vet’s office. Fortunately, I managed to have the strength to get my front end into the car and Mom got my back end in. It was really scary!

Baily, your paws look SO BEAUTIFUL with your lovely manicure! It makes you look so very classy! Not that you didn’t already but with those neat nails, you’re even MORE beautiful!

XOXO,

HERO
    Nancy K. (and HERO) recently posted..It MUST be Sunday…My Profile

It is a good thing to plan for emergencies. Stanley and I SHOULD stay an easily portable size. Well, me for sure but my peeps are beginning to wonder about Stanley. Seems this regrout job will never end. I hope it is done soon!!
    Murphy recently posted..English As A Second LanguageMy Profile

My MOM says she can carry me. I didn’t believe her until one day she did. So I think I am covered. I’m no light weight but MOM can get it done.
    Goose recently posted..Me and Mr. GigglesMy Profile

Hey Bailey!
    Wow, that’s another fabulous drawing by your peep! She does such amazing work. I think my peeps would roll me onto a blanket then carry be out. Great idea to plan ahead. Love that snooze pix of you! Enjoy your nap.

Your mom captured FRED… PAWFECTLY!!!

I think Mango’s mom has a special RAMP that helps him get into the car.

15. Sleepy Sunday… Yup, we are feeling that today, too. Its so sunny outside, but all three of us (Milo, Dixie and their human mom, Shelle) are all snuggled in. We are 4 paws up and snoring, as Dachshunds like to do and mom is reading a biography on Tommy Lee (cause she is a product of 80′s hair bands and likes that sorta thing.)

The drawing is amazing…. it captures his sweet face so well. I bet his parents will be very pleased to have such a great reminder of him. You are very talented!

Milo, Shelle and Dixie

16. Kari says:

Im speechless, which is hard to do ;) This is beautful and it represents his personality perfect. I always thought Freds eyes were soulful and you have captured that perfectly. His tongue was always sticking out and it makes me smile that you included that. You are so talented and this was a perfect way to remember him. Yesterday was 1 month since his passing and I couldnt ask for something more thoughtful than to log in and see someone as talented as you would honor me by drawing Fred. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    We fought hard and so did Fred but now he can rest. We fought hard against epilepsy and we loved hard. RIP my sweet boy.

That is an awesome likeness of Fred and we know his Mom is going to love it.

Mom knows that she wouldn’t be able to carry one of us alone, but she hopes she could get a neighbor to help her in an emergency. A good thing to think about.

It’s good to prepared! I just thought – get Finn to a towel, drag the towel to the door and I could probably take her from there. I hope! Take it easy today!
    Finn recently posted..Sans Souci County ParkMy Profile

19. Beautiful drawing of Fred! We miss him a lot!
    Eva or sometimes Priscilla recently posted..Thank You =)My Profile